EtiquetteRocks

Saturday, October 25, 2014

My best friend's back....

There's no better feeling than being able to be yourself, open up and have the best conversations about nothing really at all. I am stay-at-home mom of 4 (A son (19), daugter (9), son (6) and a Beagle (1 1/2) . I'm a wife of 13 years and an only child. I seem not to be a needy person, I mean after all I am a Leo! But, there comes a time in every woman's life when all she needs is her BFF.

I have the usual hectic schedule of a mom. School, appointments, homework, and chores seem to fill my schedule daily. A great day heavily depends on:

  •  Whether we got to bed on time the previous night.
  • If we not only woke up, but got up before hitting the snooze button more than 3 times. 
  • If the kids got to school on time (without me having to sign kids in)
  • Whether or not I get to take a shower and nap during the day. 
Taking a break from the everyday hustle is what I like to call the weekend!! This weekend though, just so happened to be extremely special.  My family and I recently moved from my home town (Lubbock,Tx) to the Houston Area. Although, my family has done a great job adjusting to the all the newness, for me it has been a bit of a struggle. I have been homesick like crazy.

My Best Friend, Amy was traveling to her sisters' house (3 hours away from me) for a birthday party. As a last minute decision she decided to travel an extra 3 hours to come and spend the night at my house and then go to her sisters' house the next afternoon. Seriously, this was a much needed, appreciated visit. She brought her kids (that happen to get along really well with mine) and we all picked right up where we left off. It was as if almost a year was only a few hours that we'd seen each other. We had the absolute best time. She brought be and my family all of our favorites from Lubbock. The kids finally passed out one at a time - and then we sat up drinking wine, pretending to watch a movie but really just talked and talked until 4am.  I am so blessed to be able to have the best friend that I do.

What's the best/sweetest thing your BFF has done for you?

Guilty by Association - Misconduct & Etiquette Rocks



No comments:

Post a Comment