EtiquetteRocks

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

You won't believe what I found at Walgreen's!

Unlike CVS, Walgreens has decided so far to keep selling tobacco products.

Walgreen doesn’t seem to think retailers are to blame for Americans wanting to continue to smoke.
That may very well be. I mean just because it's on sale doesn't mean you HAVE to buy it it right? I can kind of understand where they're coming from with this. But to me, it sounds like they want to sell tobacco products even more now since there is a huge competitor out of the way. Maybe now, when you're on your way to get a flu shot you will choose Walgreens instead because you can pick up your favorite pack of cigars or cigarettes while you're there. One-stop-shopping is what it's all about, right?
I really thought this was a pretty good marketing stance until I was actually in a walgreens headed to the pharmacy for my flu shot. I was almost to the back of the store which is the designated area and I ran into the craziest flu shot display ever!
Now, this isn't exactly what I had in mind when I heard their commercial on the radio. Seems like to me walgreens is headed in a totally new direction!! Now I can get cigarettes and a "flu" shot or two, or three? I didn't even continue to the pharmacy. The pharmacist was probably behind the counter resembling Tom Cruise in the movie Cocktail!
Regardless, I'm a non-smoker, without a flu shot, headed to another pharmacy!

2 comments:

  1. When I was a kid there was nothing known as a "flu" shot. But, I did hear the adults talk about "hot toddies" and I often wondered why they sometimes took that "medicine" even when not sick ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're onto something. Maybe Walgreen's is reverting back to "old times" and instead of conventional medicine - they just want us to have a cocktail!!!! Maybe I should go back and give them a chance to explain themselves!!!

      Delete